School Staff and Administrators
Welcome to the Student Enrollment Management System
(SEMS). SEMS is designed to support school staff and administration
as they manage enrollment processes for all grade levels, from Pre-K
Terms and Conditions
This application may contain confidential information and/or Personally Identifiable Information (PII) related to New York City Department of Education's (NYCDOE) students and/or employees. By logging into this application, you agree that you will keep the information confidential in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including
N.Y. Education Law 3012-c, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and
Chancellor's Regulation A-820, Confidentiality and Release of Student Records; Records Retention.
By downloading extracts, generating reports, creating screenshots or effectuating any other transfer of data outside of this application, you are attesting that you:
(1) Are doing so solely to satisfy a legitimate NYCDOE business-related purpose;
(2) Understand that you must take steps to ensure appropriate use and security of the data, including storing the data only in secure locations and not disclosing the data unless you are permitted to do so by law; and
(3) Must take responsibility for the appropriate retention and destruction of the data when the data is no longer needed.
Consistent with the NYCDOE's Internet Acceptable Use and Safety Policy, users have no right to privacy when using NYCDOE computing resources. All content and traffic on NYCDOE networks may be monitored and reviewed. This includes access to DOE resources on or from devices that are not owned by the NYCDOE, as well as on software and online platforms that are provided by non-DOE vendors for DOE purposes.
NYC Early Education Center (NYCEEC) User Questions
Staff at NYC Early Education Centers (NYCEECs) that are using SEMS for verification of pre-K applicant priorities should call 718-935-2986 for password resets between 8am and 6pm, Monday-Friday.
To request access for an additional user at your center/organization, please email EarlyChildhood@schools.nyc.gov
SEMS Account Help
Password Resets (for existing SEMS users), call 718-935-2986 (8am - 6pm, Monday through Friday)
- NYC Department of Education School Staff, please call 718-935-2986 (8am - 6pm, Monday through Friday)
- NYC Early Education Center (NYCEEC) Users, please email EarlyChildhood@schools.nyc.gov
- Private/Parochial School Staff-
Two accounts can be created for your school to review High School Applications. Please fax (on school letterhead) to 212-374-5568 the following information.
- Your private/parochial DBN code (if known)
- Principal's full name, email address, contact info and signature
- Prospective user's full name, email address, contact info and title/role at the school
IT, Network, Printer Issues
For issues such as internet speed, sending documents to a printer, these are non-SEMS related issues, and must be resolved by your computer/network support staff.
Pop-up blocker: Some internet browsers automatically block pop-up ads, which affects some SEMS features. Make sure you allow the SEMS website to generate pop-ups.
Again, refer to your local computer/network support staff to resolve this issue.